Invitation for Bids (IFB)
IFB No. Shashe/ULGDPII/R/SL/CW/017/10
Urban Local Government Development Project (ULGDPII)
Project Credit No. 5435ET
- The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Urban Local Government Development Project (ULGDPII), and the Shashemene City Administration intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to eligible payments under the contract of Local Pole Street Lighting.
- Shashemene Finance and Economic Cooperative Office now invited wax sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction and completion of the above project. Contract identification No. Referred above, the works comprise construction of Local Pole Street Lighting, Located at Shashemene on Different Part of City Administration, the details work of construction are shown on the Drawings and Bidding document.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the PP Directive of Federal and Regional procurement June, 2010 Edition and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined on the Guideline.
- Certificate of registration from Corcened the ministry or corresponding Regional Bureau with category EMC3 and above renewed for year 2017/18 or 2010 EFY able to submit Tax clearance certificate and VAT registration.
- To Qualify for the award of contract the bidder is required to fulfill the minimum qualification criterias which are a General Experience of three years, a particular experience of performing at least one work of similar nature, and a minimum average annual turnover as specified on EQC.
- Bidders shall submit two envelopes, “qualification information and bid security” in one envelope and “Financial Bid” separately in another envelope and should be sealed in an outer envelope.
- Evaluation is to be carried out in two steps, “qualification information” first and financial bids of qualified bidders next.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at City Finance and Economic Cooperative Office and ULGDPII section at address below.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchase by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Birr 300 (three hundred Birr).
- A preBid meeting will be conducted in the presence of bidders or their Authorized representatives who choose to attend at the date and place specified on Bid data Sheet of Bidding document.
- Bid must be delivered to cultural hall of Shashemene City Administration following 31 consecutive days starting the day of invitation to bid posted on newspaper and the bid closed on 10:00 AM and Opened 10:30 AM on the same day at address below,exact date is mentione on Bid data Sheet
- A bid must be accompanied by a bid security of Brr 100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand) in the form of only CPO. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted and late bids will be rejected.
- The client has the right to accept or reject the bid partially or fully prior to contract award.
Shashemene City Administration,shashemene Finance and Economic Cooperative Office
Tel. 0462115312/046 11 03755
Fax 046 11 06 513/0581
The Ethiopian Herald: Tuesday, March 27 2018