Invitation to Bid (ITB)
International Competitive Bid
To all Contractors of category GC-l/BC-1 with license valid for the year 2010 Ethiopian Calendar
Project Procurement Reference No: ICB/FMOH/1B+G+8/02-2018
- The Federal Ministry of Health – invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for furnishing the necessary material, labor and equipment for the construction and completion of ALERT TRAUMA HOSPITAL COMPLEX in its premises in Addis Ababa.
- Contractors are required to submit a license valid for the year 2010 E.C, VAT and Tin registration certificates, current Tax clearance from Federal or Regional Inland Revenue. Administration offices & suppliers Registration certificate from the concerned public body
- Eligible bidders are required to submit Technical and financial proposals one original and one copy in a separate envelope. A contractor will be selected under Quality – and Cost- based selection procedures described in the bidding document.
- A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by any interested eligible bidder upon the submission of a written application, presentation of eligible documents and upon payment of non – refundable fee of Eth. Birr 5,500.00(Five Thousand Five Hundred and 100/100) from the FMOH Finance and Procurement Directorate Tel. 011 551 91 96
- Any quires can be forwarded to the procuring entity from Monday to Friday at working hours from 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
- Bidders may obtain further information, and inspect the bidding documents at the above address.
- All bids must be accompanied by a bid security, in the form of certified cheque or a Bank Guarantee, irrevocable L/C from recognized bank of Ethiopia or in cash or any of permitted in public procurement and property administration directives of amount ETH Birr 500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand Ethiopian Birr only) valid 28 days plus from the bid validity period. Bids must be delivered to FMOH Finance & Procurement Directorate, Tel: 0115 51 91 96, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on or before 3:00 PM of the 45th day to be counted from the date of announcement of the tender. Technical proposal will be opened on the same day, at 3:30 PM in the presence of the bidders who wish to attend. If the 45th day is not a working day, the bid will be closed and opened at the aforementioned time of the next working day. Bids shall be valid for a period of 90 days after bid opening.
- The bid security shall be at the bidders option be in the form of cash payment order (CPO) or unconditional bank guarantee.
- The Financial proposal of the bidders who pass the technical qualification criteria shall be opened, in the presence of the bidders or their representative who wish to attend, on the date to be announced by the employer.
- FMOH will post all detail and necessary information regarding this tender announcement on its website http://www.moh.gov.et Furthermore, FMOH will post all necessary notices regarding this project on its website. Therefore, all interested applicants are advised to refer the ministry website throughout the period of the bid process.
- Technical proposal and Bid security will be, disclosed on the same date of the bid opening day in the presence of those bidders their legal representatives who choose to attend.
- The bidders shall submit break down of any unit cost of the project whenever requested before signing the contract.
- FMOH reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
- Bid submission address:
Federal Ministry of Health New Building Block 2nd Floor
Addis Ababa Tel. 011-551- 91-96
Federal Ministry of Health
The Ethiopian Herald: Wednesday, March 14 2018