Re-Invitation for International Competitive Bid for Design, Supervision and Contract Administration
Bid REF. No. ENTOTO/DSCA
Entoto and Surrounding Tourist Destination Development Project Office, hereafter stated as “The Project Office, is an office setup to implement a mega green-tourism development project planned to be developed over an extended area of 41 34.5 hectares at the mountain hills of Entoto, specifically confined in Gulele and Yeka sub cities, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The project is planned to be symbolic design to Africa and the world, aesthetically magnificent mix of vernacular and modern architecture and splendid landscape with adventure activity centers and first of its kind green tourism with utmost care and resilience to the fragile natural habitat, local community and historical heritages. The Project is owned by Addis Ababa City Government. Entoto, an ecologically rich mountain range, is located in the northern outskirt of Addis Ababa, with an altitude between 3200 and 2600 meters asl, has 1 200mm and 140c annual average rainfall and temperature, respectively. The City being the secret capital of Africa, central gravity of world diplomacy engulfs great number of conference tourists each year.
The project has a large reforestation and afforestation programs of planting more than 2 million trees which will contribute to resilience by sequestrating more than 59 million tons of CO2 per annum at maturity. The resilience of the development will also be ensured by protecting and conserving local values, generating a large amount of employment to local communities and rehabilitating historical, religious and archeological heritages of the site.
Entoto will truly be worth a visit for a green tourist that appreciates a mosaic of wildlife, dense forest, scenery of mount chain and heritages. Currently, the site is home to 2 endemic, 11 near-endemic and 4 globally endangered bird species which is a promising site for bird watching tourism. Beyond the richness of its ecology, this high altitude mountainous range is sometimes called as “natural doping” with altitude advantage that can attract global athletes for training and is one of the sub-projects to be developed in this highland.
Hence, the Project Office has funds within the Procuring Entitys budget to be used for the procurement of Design, Supervision and Contract Administration of three lots of thematically unique but complementary attributes stated below.
Therefore, the Project Office seeks sufficiently qualified consultants with track of successful green design records for Design, Supervision and Contract Administration of the following three lots
|Lots and description|
|Lots||Design, supervision and contract administration of||Amount of Bid security|
|Lot 1||Green belt landscaping, eco-tourism infrastructure and waste management||Birr 300,000.00 or equivalent in hard currency|
|Lot 2||Eco- lodge and cultural village||Birr 300,000.00 or equivalent in hard currency|
|Lot 3||Athletics village||Birr 300,000.00 or equivalent in hard currency|
Therefore, the Project Office;
- Invites sealed bids from eligible bidders.
- Bidding will be in accordance with the open ICB contained in the Public Procurement Proclamation of the City Government of Addis Ababa and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries.
- Interested eligible bidders may inspect the bidding document at finance department and obtain further information from the Project Office from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders upon payment of a non-refundable fee of 540.00 ETB in cash for each lot.
- All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of amount mentioned in table above for each lot, in any of the following forms, at the Consultants option; CPO, Unconditional Bank Guarantee from local Commercial Banks and Cash. Securities issued by foreign banks or financial institutions shall be counter-guaranteed by an Ethiopian bank. The bid security shall be submitted either using the Bid Security Form included in Section 4, Bidding Forms, or in another substantially similar format approved by the Public Body. In either case, the form must include the complete name of the Consultant. The bid security shall be valid for twenty eight days (28) beyond the end of the 120 days validity period of the Bid Proposal. Totally, the bid security should be valid for 148 days (120+28). This shall also apply if the period for Bid Proposal validity is extended.
- Bid must be delivered to the Project Office located in the address written below on or before the end of 75 consecutive days starting the first day of issue of this bid announcement on Addis Zemen and Ethiopian Herald Newspapers at 10:00 AM on working days (all Monday to Friday unless stated as non-working day in the calendar) from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM and bids will be opened on the same 75th closing day and at the address stated below at 2:00 PM in the presence of the bidders or bidders representatives. In case the 75th day fall in nonworking day, bid closing and bid opening will be transferred to the next working day. Late bidders will be automatically canceled from the tender.
- Domestic bidders should provide renewed trade license in the field, TIN, VAT, and Tax Clearance certificates, certificates of competency in the field from authorized body and other documents required in the TOR. Foreign bidders should provide equivalent certificates mentioned in the above from the country where the business is registered and other documents required in the TOR.
- Four copies of Technical and Financial sealed documents must be provided separately marked with clear and printed identification on the cover page that states whether it is finance or technique and original or copy.
- Documents shall be issued to the Project Office with its appropriate name and address.
- Bidders can bid for all lots without limit provided that they satisfy the stipulations in the bid documents
- The Project Office reserves the right to cancel part or all bids and any items on the bid.
Entoto and Surrounding Tourist Destination Development Project Office
Hidmona Tower, 2nd floor Bole Sub-City, Woreda 03
In front of Bole Medhanialem Church,
On the right side of Ednamall to Bole Bridge Road
Next to Oromia Tower
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Ethiopian Herald: Saturday, March 24 2018