REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION INTEREST CONSULTINGFIRMS
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIO-AMHARA NATIONAL REGIONAL STATE, BAHIR DAR CITY ADMINISTRATION
PROCUREMENTE REFERANCE NO – BAHIR DAR CIP consu- 6/18/19
The Government of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received a credit from the international development association /lDA/ for the urban local government development, project /ULGDP/ and the Amhara National Regional State – Bahir Dar City administration intends to apply part of the credit proceeds to eligible payment of consulting service under contract for consultancy service to undertake consultancy service for CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR ASPHALT The consulting service includes but not limited the following.
Overall Scope of Work
This assignment includes two major tasks; conducting ESIA and preparation of RAP for PAP’s, Therefore the consultant will be responsible for carrying out Resettlement Action Plan and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment in accordance with the UIIDP ESMSG and RSG as well as Ethiopia Environmental Policies and Procedures using generally acceptable and recognized assessment techniques and evaluation methods, standards and practices.
- Prepare standard documents of RAP and full-fledged ESIA for the sub- project with the involvement of the City’s counterpart approved by -EFWPDA.
- Undertaken field visits and public consultation at least three times at each sites;
- Conduct validation work-shop with all stake-holders
- Revisit subsequent activities to be undertaken on RAP and ESIA based on feedback.
- Prepare standard and complete reports for the RAP and ESIA in SOFT and HARD copies
1. Bahair Dar city Administration has floated the expression of interest on The Ethiopian Herald dated on 22/3/20 11 E.C However, the closing date for this was wrong and as per the adjusted closing date mentioned under eligible and qualified consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the consultancy service. Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the service as consultancy service for CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR ASPHALT per the minimum qualification criteria listed below/ documentary evidence of academic background and evidence of experience on similar assignments etc/ and it is also noted that consultants may associate to enhance their qualification
- Company’s general experience
- Company’s specific experience Adequacy for the assignment
- General qualifications and experience of proposed key personnel
- Specific experience/related with the assignment/of proposed key personnel
2. Interested bidder should have:
- Valid license for the current year Ethiopian.
- Professional competency certificate from concerned body.
- Vat registration Certificate
- Tax clearance certificate from Inland Revenue Authority
The consulting firm will be selected on Amhara National Regional State BOFD procurement method Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of Bahir Dar Industry Development and City Service Department Procurement, Finance and Property Administration process from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM Monday to Friday during working days.
3. Expression of interest along with documentary evidences must be delivered in two hard copies clearly marked the consultancy service on the envelope to the address
4. Bid shall be float on air for 31 Calendar days from 22/03/2011 E.C to 22/412011 E.C the announcement day.
5. Bids will be closed on the last 31st day 22/04/2011 E. C at 3:00 and will be opened immediately on the same day at 3:30 PM thereafter in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend. If the last day is holyday/is not working day, it will be postponed to the next working day.
Bahir Dar City Development and Construction Department
Tel. 251-582-206124, Fax: +251-582-204-698,
Amhara National Regional State
Bahir Dar, ETHIOPIA
The Ethiopian Herald: Saturday December 1, 2018