Invitation for Bids
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia One WASH National Program
1 . The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of implementation of One WASH National Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Construction of Civil Works for Kulayu, Bishan- Behi and Debeley Rural Water Supply System.
2. The Dire Dawa Water, Mines at Energy Office now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for construction of Rural Water Supply System of the listed Kebeles
|No.||Bid No.||Construction sites/ kebeles||Description of the work|
|KULAYU RURAL KEBELE||Water conveyance system, standard masonry reservoirs , water points , washing basins & cattle troughs supply & installation of surface pump|
|BISHAN- BEHI RURAL KEBELE|
|DEBELY RURAL KEBELE|
3. Bidding will be conducted through NCB procedures and is open to all eligible bidders.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the address below and obtain the bidding documents during office hours 09:00AM to 05:00 PM.
5. Bidders shall meet the following minimum qualifying criteria to qualify for award of the contract:
a. Minimum average annual Construction turnover of ETB 4, million for item No 1&2 ETB 4, million for item No 3 calculated as total certified payments received for contracts completed, within the last 3 years.
b. The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of financial resources such as liquid assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other than any contractual advance payments to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as ETB 600,000 for item No 1& 2 ETB 800,000 for No.3
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of ETB 300 (Three Hundred Birr) for each bidding documents on cash.
7. Bids must be delivered to thc address below on or before 4th May 2018, 9:30AM. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
8. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders or their designated representatives at the address mentioned below on 4th May 2018, 10:00 AM.
9. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of ETB 40,000.00 for each ofKulayu & Bishan-Behi and Birr 70,000.00 for Debeley in freely convertible Currency.
10. N.B. a prospective bid winner should eligible for only one contract to be awarded
11 . The address referred to above is:
Dire Dawa Water, Mines& Energy Office
Address: Via number one road in front of
Dire Dawa Administration Federal Prison
Fax: +251 25 1111132
P.O. Box 18, Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
The Ethiopian Herald: Sunday, April 8, 2018