Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene Program
IFB Title – Drilling & Construction of Deep Wells
1 . The Oromia Regional State through the Government of Ethiopia has received loan/grant from different financers towards the cost of Projects under OWNP and it intends to apply part of funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for drilling and construction of wells.
2. The Oromia Water, Mineral and Energy Bureau now invites sealed bids from local eligible bidders for the drilling & construction of 39 Deep Wells and 91 Shallow Wells in the Region.
|Lot NO||Contract Number||Zone||Towns /district||No of wells|
|E/shoa||L/chukala, adias adama & dugda||5|
|Bale||Ginir, goro, D/Kachen & sinana||5|
|Guji||O/shakiso (3), liben, S/boru & ana sora (2)||7|
|Arsi||Jeju(2), H/wabe & limmu bibilo(2)||3|
|E-Hararghe||Girawa, kurfa challe & kombolcha||4|
|OSZSF||Wolmera(10) & sebeta hawas (13)|
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) as specified in the world Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) as specified in the world Bank Guidelines, procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by world Bank Borrowers January 2011 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all bidders from eligible bidders countries in the Guidelines.
4. The award will be decided on presence of drilling machine on a lot basis. Bidders may bid for one or more lots. However, no bidder will be awarded more than 1 (one) lot per drilling rig.
5. The interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of Oromia Water, Mineral & Energy Bureau, WaSH Program office, around Olympia next to Admas University, second floor, room no 208, Tel. No 011 557 1306/1 278, Fax: 011 5571 298/99, P.O. Box: 8630, Addis Ababa/Finfinne.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested bidders on submission of a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Birr 400.00 (ETB Four Hundred) or equivalent amount in a freely convertible Currency. Bidders are required to attach with their application, a copy of their trade license, MOWIE work permit, VAT certificate and TIN
7. Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 2:00 pm on May 7, 2018. Electronic bidding will not be permitted.
8. Bids must be accompanied by a bid security of not less than 1% of the bid price in Ethiopian Birr in the form of Bank Guarantee or Cash payment order (CPO) by the name of Oromia Water, Mineral & Energy Bureau,
9. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at 2:30 PM, On May 7, 2018 at the WaSH Program office, around Olympia next to Admas University, 3rd floor, room no 301 , Addis Ababa/ Finfinne. Late bids will be rejected.
10. Bureau reserves the right to reject all or part of the bid.
Oromia National Regional State Water, Mineral &Energy Bureau,
WaSH Program, Management office, around Olympia next to Admas University on Mina Building 2nd
floor, room number 208, Tel. 251-115571306, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, Finfinne (Addis Ababa)
The Ethiopian Herald: Friday, April 6, 2018