NOTICE OF INVITATION FOR BID
1 . The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, represented by Ethiopian Roads Authority, has allocated sufficient budget towards the cost of Construction Works of Korie – Addisalem Road Upgrading Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds to eligible payments for the Construction woks of the same.
2. Korie – Addisalem Road Upgrading Project is located in the West Gojiam Zone of the Amhara National Regional State. The works under this contract is connecting the Gonji Kolela Woreda Seat, namely Addisalem, to the Bahirdar – Felegebirhan main road. The project road starts at the place called Korie which is about 57km from Bahirdar city along the Bahir dar – Felegbirhan road.
The planned Korie – Addisalem Road Upgrading Road Project is 1 0.74km length and shall be constructed to DC5 Asphalt Concrete road standard as per ERA Technical Specification (2013). The envisaged Construction Period is 24 months including the contractors mobilization period.
3. The Ethiopian Roads Authority (ERA) on behalf of the FDRE now invites all eligible bidders to submit sealed bids for providing the necessary labor, material and equipment for the construction of this road project.
4. Interested bidders shall submit the following evidence;
a. In the case of Ethiopian bidders, Certificate of Registration from Ministry of Construction or its predecessor Ministries for such Licensing with Category RC-1 or GC-2 and above renewed for 2010 EFY and other appropriate documentary evidences demonstrating the bidders compliance, which shall include: –
i. Trading license renewed for 2010 EFY; and
ii. Tax Clearance Certificate which states that the bidder is eligible to participate in any public tender and valid at least at the deadline for submission of the bids, and VAT Registration Certificate
iii. Registration as Supplier in the list of the mandated public body, i.e. public Procurement and Property Administration Agency (PPPAA): website: www.ppa.gov.et.
b. In case of bidders other than Ethiopians;
i. Business organization registration certificate or Trade License issued by the country of establishment.
ii. Tax Clearance certificate issued from the Tax Authority (Inland Revenue Authority) which allows the bidder to participate in public tenders at the date of the deadline for bid submission, if the foreign bidder already has ongoing or completed project in the Country; Ethiopia.
5. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures, specified in the bidding documents, and is open to all eligible bidders. The minimum Annual Construction Turnover, Liquid Asset/Cash Flow, General and Specific Construction Experience requirements, and Category of Bidding Contractors for the project are as shown below:
Table 1 : Qualification Criteria for Korie – Addisalem Road Upgrading Project
|Item /No||Qualification criteria||Minimum requirement
|Local bidders||Foreign bidders|
|1||Annual construction turnover||ETB 126 Million (Peak)||ETB 316 Million (Average)|
|For Joint venture of local and foreign firms|
|ETB 237 Million (average)|
|2||Liquid asset / cash flow requirement||ETB 39 Million||ETB 53 Million|
|3||General construction experience||2 years firm experience under construction contracts in the role of prime contractor, joint venture partner, management contractor or sub- contractor.||5 years firm experience under construction contracts in the role of prime contractor, joint venture partner or sub- contractor.|
|4||Specific construction project experience||A minimum of one Gravel road construction or upgrading or rehabilitation project with a value of at least ETB 221 Million
A minimum of two(2) Gravel road construction or upgrading or rehabilitation projects each with a value of at least ETB 111 Million;
in all cases, the experience shall be with in the last ten (10) years that have been successfully and substantially completed (70% completed).
|A minimum of two any type of asphalt road construction/ upgrading rehabilitation projects each with a value of at least ETB 316 Million within the last ten (10) years that have been successfully and substantially completed (80% completed).|
|5||Grade||RC 1 or GC 2 and above||N/A|
Detailed qualification criteria are indicated in the bidding documents.
6. If a bidder is awarded and /or recommended for award of any works contract/s by ERA since October 01 , 2017 inclusive, the qualification criteria for the construction turnover will be the aggregate of the criteria of the subject project; and that of the awarded contract/s and/or those recommended to be awarded. A detailed qualification criteria is stated in the respective bidding documents.
7. For the Annual Construction Turnover Requirement, the value of total certified payments received in each year shall be adjusted for inflation of Birr value through multiplying by Cn/Co factor, where Cn is value of 1 Dollar in Birr on the 28 day prior to bid submission date and Co is the value of 1 Dollar in Birr computed using the exchange rate prevailing on the last date of the respective fiscal year.
8. For the Specific construction projects experience requirement, the Contract value of projects referenced by the bidder shall be adjusted to reflect the current purchasing power of Ethiopian Birr by multiplying with Cn/Co factor, where Cn is the current selling exchange rate of 1 US Dollar to Ethiopian Birr which is taken at the 28th days prior to bid submission date and Co is the selling exchange rate of 1 US Dollar to Ethiopian Birr at the date of signing the contract.
9. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below form 8:30am to 12:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m to 5:30 p.m. from Mondays to Thursdays, and 8:30a.m to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Fridays local time. A complete set of bidding document prepared in English language may be purchased by interested bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of nonrefundable fee of ETB 1,000 or USD 40, effective as of April 24, 2018. The method of payment shall be in cash or direct deposit to ERAs account number at Commercial Bank of Ethiopia-Sengatera Branch, Account No.01715- 331 44600. Address: Ethiopian Roads Authority, Engineering Procurement Directorate, 2nd floor, Room No. 207, Tel: 251 -11 -551 50 02
10. Bidders shall submit two envelopes, “Qualification Information & Bid Security” in one envelope and “Financial Bid” separately in another envelope and should be sealed in an outer envelope.
11 . Evaluation is to be carried out in two stages, Qualification Information first and Financial Bids of qualified bidders next.
12. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before May 31 , 2018 at 2:30 p.m. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of ETB 500,000 (Five Hundred Thousand) or USD 20,000.00 for each project. Late bids will be rejected. Qualification information and Bid security of the bidders will opened in the presence of bidders representatives who choose to attend at the address below on the final date and time of bid submission as stated above.
Ethiopian Roads Authority
Ras Abebe Aregay Street
P.O. Box 1770
Addis Ababa. Ethiopia
Tel-+251-11-515 66 03
Fax. +251-11-551 48 66
13. The Ethiopian Roads Authority reserves the right to accept any or reject any or all bids.
ETHIOPIAN ROADS AUTHORITY
The Ethiopian Herald: Tuesday April 24, 2018