INVITATION FOR RE-BID
Drilling and construction of Shallow Wells
To: All contractors of category WC. Class six and above for shallow wells and WC. Class five and above for deep wells with renewed license valid for the 2009/2010 E.C Year.
- The Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Water, Irrigation & Energy Resources Development Bureau invites eligible bidders with renewed license for 2009E.C/2010, registration card issued from the Ministry of Water and Energy, VAT registration certificate and Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- The source of the fund is DRDIP project for 19 shallow wells and SDG for 3 Deep wells
- The location of the wells sites are described in the table below.
|Lot No.||Zones||Woredas||No. shallow wells||Sub total||Source of Finance|
|Oda woreda godere kebele||1||SDG|
|Kemash||Yaso woreda Timijo kebele||1||SDG|
|Total No.of Deep wells||3||3|
|Lot 2||Assosa||Homosha||19||19||DRDIP/shallow wells|
|Total No. of Shallow wells||19||19|
- An interested bidder can purchase a complete set of bidding documents in English from the day that the advertisement appears in The Ethiopian Herald newspaper at Room No. 11 Ministry ofWater, Irrigation and Electric, Addis Ababa during normal working hours upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Ethiopian Birr 200.00 (Two Hundred Birr Only). The Method of payment will be in cash.
- The eligible bidders are expected to go through the bidding document and submit original and copies of their technical and financial proposals as well as bid security in separate wax sealed envelopes addressed to Water, irrigation and energy minister, Addis Ababa Room No B-06 on or before 3:30 PM on or before 30 Calendar days from the last advertisement date notice on The Ethiopian Herald and bids shall be opened at 4:00PM at the Water, Irrigation and Energy Minister compound, Addis Ababa, only technical part of the proposal open at Addis Ababa but after technical document evaluation the financial document open at Benishangul Gumuz region water, Irrigation, energy resource development Bureau.
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the opening tender procedures contained in the Public Procurement Proclamation of the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and is open to all eligible bidders. Bids shall be valid for a period of Ninety (90) days and Bid Security shall be Valid for 120 Days after Bid opening. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security, in an acceptable (CPO or bank guarantee) form amounting to 100,000 Birr (One Hundred Thousand) and they shall be delivered to “The Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Water, Irrigation and Energy Resources Development Bureau through Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy (Room No. B-04) (Addis Ababa)” on 3:30 PM on or before 30 calendar days from the last advertisement date of this notice on The Ethiopian Herald and the technical Bids shall be opened at 4:00 PM at the same date & address in the presence of the bidders who wish to attend. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. If the 30 Calendar day is holyday, it will be on the next working day.
- The award will be decided on a lot by lot basis. Bidders can bid for only in one lot.
- Bidders should provide qualification requirements which include: (i) ownership (or existing lease) of a suitable drilling rig, (ii) completion of drilling and construction of at least one contracts of similar work in each of the last One year, (iii) annual turnover of 1.5 times the bid value in each of the last two years, (iv) liquid assets of at least 1 /3 the contract value and (v) experienced drilling team. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
- The Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Water Irrigation and Energy Resources Development Bureau reserve the right to reject all or part of the bid. Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Water Irrigation and Energy Resources Development Bureau, P.O. Box 51, Tel: 057-775-0719/981/0917856485, Assosa.
The Ethiopian Herald: Sunday April 22, 2018