INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB)
Tender identification number: EEP/PMO/ICB/IPP/03/2018- Didessa
- Ethiopia Electric Power (EEP) hereinafter referred to as the “Buyer”, is pleased to present this opportunity to invite private potential project developers experienced to finance, design, procure, construct, commission, operate and transfer the Didessa hydroelectric power project with Installed Plant Capacity of 550 MWAnnual Gross Energy Generation capacity of 5,580 GWhr, on BOT contract modality.
- EEP /Buyer will enter into a long-term Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with the successful Bidders for the entire capacity and electrical output of the Projects.
- The Projects under consideration are described in details in their respective reconnaissance or feasibility studies together with the Power Purchase Agreement and Implementation agreement made available for all bidders information to prepare their bid. The bidders scope of works shall be gather additional site investigation information as required, design, construct, supply, install, test and commission, own and operate Didessa hydroelectric power project.
- Ethiopia Electric Power (EEP) is pleased to present this opportunity to invite Bidders forming Joint Ventures / Consortium / Association Foreign Companies who demonstrate to have technical experience and financial capacity in similar hydropower development, on PPA and BOT contract modality
- A Bidder / Project Company will be evaluated and selected who submit the least Bid Price / Tariff charges in USD/MWh with financial model and post qualification in accordance with Bid evaluation procedures and criteria specified in the Request for Proposal (RFP), the Power Purchase Agreement, Connection Agreement and Implementation Agreements companying this RFP.
- All bids must accompanied by a Bid Security equal to USD 3,000,000.00 (Three Million USD).
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12 June 2018; 2.00 pm Local Time. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders representatives who choose to attend in person at Head office on 12 June 2018; 2.30 pm Local Time.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents shall be available from April 16, 2018 against payment receipt of non-refundable fee of Ethiopian Birr 5,000 (Five Thousand birr) or in its equivalent in any freely Convertible currency from the Ethiopian Electric power, procurement office, The method of payment shall be in cash or cashiers chaque or through telegraphic transfer to EEP Main A/C No. 1000068726372, Commercial Bank ofEthiopia (CBE), Arada Giorgis Branch, Swift Code CBETETAA; & EEP BUMBUNA HPP A/C No. 01 01181300051 , National Bank of Ethiopia (NBE), Swift Code NBETETAA, for ETB & USD respectively.
- The address referred to above is:
- Ethiopian Electric Power
- Attention to: Mr. Tesfaye Tamirat
- Director, EEP Procurement, Logistics and Warehouses
- Located around AAU College of Commerce,
- Behind Awash International Bank Head Quarter
- Procurement office, Ground Floor, Room number 01
- Tel: +251-115-581916/0781
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- The Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP) reserves the right to reject any or all Bids.
Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP)
The Ethiopian Herald: Sunday, April 15, 2018